[e.g. With only 40 employees as one of the first foreign plants of DRÄXLMAIER opened, Braunau meanwhile belongs to a broad international network of more than 60 locations worldwide. And the Braunau plant has also been continuously expanded and extended. From the high-bay warehouse to the measuring and testing laboratory: some things have changed over the years.]
1958 Fritz and Lisa Dräxlmaier sen. founded a new company. The young company's first order: the production of 50,000 wiring harnesses for the Goggomobil. Only short lead times and a still uncertain interest in the later cult car made the founding of the company a venture. But the diligence and ingenuity of the founders quickly put the company on the road to success. With the help of homeworkers and cutlery forks, the first cable harnesses are soon produced and delivered to Hans Glas GmbH. The first interior order follows shortly afterwards: DRÄXLMAIER also supplies the door trim for the Goggo.
[e.g. On September 12, 1978, Fritz Dräxlmaier senior signs the foundation charter for the Braunau site. The production of cable harnesses for premium vehicle manufacturers begins there with 40 employees.]
[e.g. With the opening of the first own production hall in 1980, DRÄXLMAIER increases the production capacity considerably. Only four years later another production hall is taken over in Braunau. With the new building the production of plastic housings for plug connections as well as injection moulded and elastomer parts also starts at DRÄXLMAIER. It takes only a few years until the new large machine hall with office wing, social rooms and production areas for cable cutting and prefabrication is ready for occupancy in 1985.]
In the future, cars will operate autonomously, networked and fully powered by electricity. DRÄXLMAIER is already set up optimally for the changes in the automotive industry. Would you like to help shape the future of DRÄXLMAIER?